ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 15-09-09 17:22
³ª¸§´ë·Î ²É
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ
Á¶È¸ : 453  

³ª¸§´ë·Î ²É

¸Å¹Ì¼Ò¸®°¡ µé¸°´Ù. ¿Ã¿©¸§ ù ¿ïÀ½µµ ¾Æ´Ò ÅÙµ¥ ÀÔÃß ¸»º¹ ´Ù Áö³­ ¿À´Ã¿¡¾ß µé·Á¿À´Ï ¸¶À½ÀÌ ºÐÁÖÇÏ°í »ê¸¸ÇÏ¿© ¡¡´ë´Â ¿ïÀ½Á¶Â÷µµ µèÁö ¸øÇß³ªº¸´Ù.
±Í ¿©°Ü µèÁö ¾ÊÀ¸¸é ´« ¿©°Ü º¸Áö ¾ÊÀ¸¸é µé¸®Áö ¾Ê°í º¸ÀÌÁö ¾Ê´Â °ÍµéÀÌ ¸¹´Ù. ³ªÅÂÁÖ ½ÃÀÎÀÇ ¡®Ç®²É¡¯Ã³·³ ÀÚ¼¼È÷ ºÁ¾ß, ¿À·¡ºÁ¾ß ¿¹»Ú°í »ç¶û½º·¯¿î °ÍµéÀÌ ¸¹´Ù. °èÀý µû¶ó Áö¿ª¿¡ µû¶ó °íµµ¿¡ µû¶ó ±× µéÀÌ °¡Áø Ư¼ºÀ» µå·¯³»°í ´«ºÎ½Å Á¶È­¸¦ ÀÌ·ç¸ç ²ÉµéÀº ÇÇ°íÁø´Ù. Å©¸é Å«´ë·Î ÀÛÀ¸¸é ÀÛÀº ´ë·Î  ¿©·¯ ¸ð¾ç°ú »ö±ò·Î – ³ª¸§´ë·Î ²É – ¾ðÁ¦ ¾î´À °÷¿¡ ÇǾîÀ־ °ö´Ù.
Çѱ¹È­¸¦ Àü°øÇÑ ÀÛ°¡·Î »ì¾Æ°¡¸é¼­ ÀüÀü±à±àÇÏ¸ç ¹ö¸®Áö ¸øÇÏ´Â ÇÑÁö¿Í ¸ÔÀº ³ªÀÇ ÀÛ¾÷¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ ºñÁßÀ» Â÷ÁöÇÑ´Ù. 2ÇÕÀ̳ª 3ÇÕÀÇ ÀåÁö¸¦ »ç¿ëÇϴµ¥ ¹è¸é(ÛÎØü)À» ÀÌ¿ëÇÏ¿© ÀÛ¾÷Çϱ⿡ Àû´çÇÏ´Ù. ȬÁö´Â ¹°°¨À» ¸Ó±ÝÀ» °Ü¸¦ ¾øÀÌ ¾Õ¸éÀÇ º×ÁúÀÌ ±×´ë·Î µÞ¸é¿¡ ÀüÇØÁöÁö¸¸  2ÇÕÀ̳ª 3ÇÕÀº ¹°°¨ÀÌ ´õ·¯´Â ¹¯¾î³ª¿À°í ´õ·¯´Â ¼û¾îÀ־ Àç¹ÌÀÖ´Ù. ¿©·¯ Â÷·Ê ±×¸®°í µ¡Ä¥ÇÑ ¹è¸éÀÇ ¹ÙÅÁÀº ¿©¹éÀ» °­Á¶ÇÏ´Â µ¿¾çÈ­¿¡¼­ ÇÏ´ÃÀÌ µÇ±âµµ ÇÏ°í ¶¥ÀÌ µÇ°í ¹°ÀÌ µÇ´Â º»Áú°ú Å©°Ô ´Ù¸£Áö ¾Ê´Ù. ²É¹çÀÌ µÇ¾îÁÖ´Â ¹ÙÅÁÀ§¿¡ Ç¥ÇöÇس»°íÀÚ ÇÏ´Â È­ÃʵéÀº ÇüÅ°¡ »ý·«µÇ°Å³ª °­Á¶µÇ¾î È­¸éÀ» ÁöÅÊÇÑ´Ù. 
¸ÔÀÇ ¿î¿ëÀº µ¿¾çÈ­ÀÇ ±Ù°£ÀÌ µÇ°í È­·Â(ûþÕö)°ú ºñ·ÊÇÏ¿© ÀÛÇ°ÀÇ ¿Ï¼ºµµ¸¦ ³ô¿©ÁØ´Ù. ±×·¯³ª ³ªÀÇ ÀÛ¾÷¿¡¼­´Â ÀüÅëÀûÀΠǥÇö±â¹ýÀ» ¹ÙÅÁÀ¸·Î Ç쵂 Çö´ëÀûÀÎ ¿ä¼Ò¸¦ Á¢¸ñ½ÃÄѼ­ È¿°ú¸¦ ±Ø´ëÈ­ÇÏ°íÀÚ ÇÏ¿´´Ù.  ¹ß¹¬(ÚþÙø)ÀÇ ´À³¦Àº È­ÃÊÀÇ °æ°è¸¦ ¸ñź°ú ÆĽºÅÚ ÄÜÅ× µîÀ¸·Î ¹®Áú·¯ ¹øÁ®³ª°¡´Â È¿°ú¿Í ºÎµå·¯¿òÀ» À¯ÁöÇÏ°í ÀÖ´Ù. ³ó´ã(ÒØÓ¿)À¸·Î Áú°¨À̳ª »ö±òÀ» Ç¥ÇöÇÏ´Â ¹æ½Ä¿¡¼­ ¹þ¾î³ª ³ó¹¬(ÒØÙø)À¸·Î ÇüŸ¦ Àâ¾Æ°¡¸ç ¸ÔÀ» ¿Ã¸®Áö¸¸ Àû¹¬(îÝÙø)¹ýÀ¸·Î´Â ÇÑ°è°¡ À־ ºÐä(ÝÏóô)¸¦ ¼¯¾î°¡¸ç ³ó(ÒØ)À» ´õÇÏ¿´´Ù. ¾Æ¸§´Ù¿òÀ» »ó¡ÇÏ´Â ²ÉÀÇ ¹Ì¹¦ÇÑ Çüųª ´Ùä·Î¿î »öä°¡ ¸ð³ëÅæÀ¸·Î ¹«°Ì°Ô È­¸éÀ» Áö¹èÇÏÁö¸¸ ²ÉÀ» ´À³¢±â¿¡´Â ¸ðÀÚ¶÷ÀÌ ¾ø´Ù.
´Ù¾çÇÑ Àç·á¿Í ±â¹ýÀ¸·Î ÇÑÃþ ÀÚÀ¯·Î¿öÁø Çѱ¹È­ÀÇ Å»À帣¸¦ ¿ÜÄ¡´Â ÀÛ°¡µé ¼Ó¿¡¼­  ¿À´Ãµµ ÁöÇʹ¬À» ¿·¿¡ µÎ°í Çѱ¹È­ÀÇ »õ·Î¿î ÁöÆòÀ» ²Þ²Û´Ù.
                                                     ÇÞ»ìÀÌ °¡µæÇÑ ÀÛ¾÷½Ç¿¡¼­    ±èÇö¼÷

Flowers, though

I hear the sound of cicadas. That must not be the first one this summer. But I just hear their crying today after the last of the three hot days of summer and the initial day of autumn are all passed. While bustling and rambling, my ears could not hear the whining sounds of cicadas.
There are many things that we cannot hear or see unless we listen and watch attentively. As Na, Tae-Ju expressed in his poem, ¡®Wild flowers,¡¯ we notice the beauty and loveliness in many things only when we look at them attentively and in detail.
Wild flowers show their unique characteristics upon change of seasons, depending on the area and altitude of where they grow. They bloom and wither in a shining harmony with nature. Some grow big and others are small. They grow in various shapes and colors while mingling with each other. Yet, each of them is proud of being a flower. No matter where and when they bloom, they look pretty and beautiful.
As a Korean painting artist, Hanji Korean traditional paper and ink stick are crucial to my artwork. I have used them with obstinacy in my entire career. I prefer two or three-layered long paper because I can use the back-side of the paper. The single-layered paper is too thin and the ink permeates immediately when drawing on the front side of it. The shapes drawn by brush strokes on the front side are totally shown on the back side when using a single-layered paper. But two or three-layered Hanji paper makes an interesting result especially with a naturally textured surface. The ink gets smeared in some areas and sometimes, permeated in other areas. As a result, the shapes shown on the back side of paper look different from the ones originally drawn on the front side, as if some parts of the shapes are hiding or broken.
The blank space on the back side is painted with multiple layers of colors. Traditional Oriental paintings emphasize blank spaces as they signify the sky or the ground or water. In essence, filling the blank space with colors is not so different from the traditional way of __EXPRESSION__. In my artwork, the background space is a flower garden. The flowering plants in the garden are drawn in an abridged or emphasized shape. They are the elements that sustain the screen.
The methods and techniques of how to use ink are the foundation of Oriental paintings. In proportion to one¡¯s painting career, they are also the key factors to enhance the artistic completeness of painting. Such traditional techniques are also the basics of my artwork. However, I also add a modern twist to the traditional methods in order to maximize the effect from both traditional and modern ways. The outlines of flower plants are drawn by rubbing charcoal and pastel crayons to maintain and extend the impression of running colors and softness expressed through the traditional spread of ink technique. To express textures and colors, I adopted a technique beyond the gradation of light and shade. I used a dark tone of ink to draw shapes and over-coat them accumulatively with the same ink. But ink is not enough to express the dark tone. So, I mixed natural color pigments to express a deeper tone of gradation. Flowers are the symbol of the beauty. Despite a somewhat heavy impression due to the seemingly dominating monotone coloring, viewers will find nothing short to feel and enjoy the fine beauty, delicate shapes, and various colors of flowers in my flowers.
Korean painting has become a lot freer as the genre now adopts various materials and techniques. Surrounded by artists who insist on adopting cross-genre in Korean painting as well, I dream a new horizon in Korean painting, with paper, brushes and ink stick as my companions.
On a sunny day in my workshop     

Kim, Hyun Sook